Originally Posted by Arne
Originally Posted by Chaotic Good
P.S. Witcher? I played it, full game, it is good, not really get why you try to use this game as an example, as there is 2 options to romance, Yenn and Triss, and none of them is "damsel in distress", but strong sorcerers, but to be fair, you do help them, especially Triss. Didn't like the arrogance of Yenn, so said no to her, and chose Triss. Got the best ending as well, and, in every DLC. Good game but no re-play value at all, in my opinion.

Originally Posted by Innateagle
I never got where that comes from. The one damsel in distress i can think of in W2/3 is a dragon, and she gets saved by getting impaled on a tree.

Guys, you are literally *constantly* flirting with Triss. She acts like a child and looks like a model - not like someone who is living in the slums and being persecuted. The entire war/persecution story takes a backseat and is completely implausible - in one moment, you are sweeping Triss off her feet and kissing, in the next, you are beating up bad guys.

The entire trope of sorceresses/magic is so popular exactly because it allows writers & designers to depict cute and physically weak females that can still be 'powerful' and help you beat up bad guys.

And Geralt is the typical, classical female (and male) fantasy: A strong, muscle-bound, clever Hero, taciturn, loyal and honest to a fault.

Sorceresses in the witcher aren't 'powerful', they're a scheming and manipulative bunch without whom the 'strong hero' would have died in 50 different occations (even just in games).

Case in point, Triss' innocent act is mostly just that, an act, one she keeps up at all times. She's otherwise someone who had little to no problem taking advantage (sexually and otherwise) of the amnesiac strong hero (and indeed tries manipulating him again with the whole 'i'm so tipsy' thing).

And, again, the straight up nicest 'woman' in the games is the only one that gets straight up saved by a lonesome Geralt, and he does so by first fighting her to death and then impaling her on a tree.

Dunno, diminishing everything to mere tropes is easy, and might even yield a technically correct result, but i don't like it nor agree with it. Would certainly make it harder to enjoy stuff, highkey even BG3 itself xd