This is a great post I noticed a few days ago. I was just waiting to have more time to answer.

Your title is well chosen, and your post is well written.
I'll be glad to hear arguments against your suggestions and observations, but once again I guess none will come...

What you wrote is facts... And whatever we like those "concepts" or not, because of a few custom rules / bad rules implementation the game has a poor tactical value.

- Remove the advantage / disadvantage trough highround and rework bonuses (+x to AC or +x to Attack Roll, I don't care)
- Remove the advantage from backstab and implement flanking
- Disengage as an action
- Jump as a part of your movement
- The implementation of ready and dodge as action
- Proper reactions
- A complete rework of the rest system (this is anorher thread but it's related)

These are necessary changes for a better tactical TB game. At the moment combats are poor.
Synergies between characters are close to 0, dozens of spells and features are useless, combats are repetitive and combats become very easy way too quickly.

We could have so much more choices and viable solutions in a D&D setting.

But there are many other things to change according to me.

- All interractions with items in inventory in combats should be bonus action (to throw the torch on the ground)
- Dipping should be an action (so even with a candle in your inventory you can dip during 1 turn...)
- Less consumables everywhere
- No more food during combats

On the other hand, I fear that all these changes would lead to slower combats.
I think this is something we should also consider even if there are easy solutions.

I always thought that BG3 has an incredible potential but I really hope all those saying "the game is awesome" without answering/considering any of those facts won't destroy this huge potential.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 20/02/21 07:35 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus