Originally Posted by Some_Twerp753
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
From what we have at the moment in the EA's story, which theme are you talking about ?
What you're willing to sacrifice for power/how much are you willing to surrender to a corrupting influence for power. Everytime you use the tadpole you surrender a bit more of yourself for re-rolls or successes, ect, you start getting dreams essentially telling you to continue using the powers, to surrender and become even stronger. Baldur's Gate I and II was about embracing your divine heritage or resisting it, though due to writing, tech, or time, it was more informed (good characters could heal minor wounds, evil ones could vampric touch for example). It was never really said, but the start of ToB (the first challenge room) the npc mentions they embraced and became consumed by the essence

Yeah, I was about to add my little 5 cents to the topic and say that the tadpole dreams are reminding me of the dreams you as the PC of BG1/2 used to have after you reached certain points in game, and furthermore - depending on what you've done (your reputation paid a factor in that, kinda flawed and rudimentary system but those games were made ages ago so they had to come up with something) you had differently flavored dreams - for good, neutral and evil reputation levels.

I haven't posted in a while on these forums, but I will remain vocal about this: we need some sorts of dreams for those of us who refuse to use tadpole powers. Give us something, we don't need a big ol pat on the back for being a 'good person', but give us something. In previous games, the 'good' aligned dreams used to have this underlying theme in them - if you didn't succumb to the corruption of your heritage, you had nightmares and general feeling of 'disappointing' the power as it tried to drown you, figuratively speaking. Now imagine getting something similar to that with the tadpole, but no, we get nothing and the tadpole is reduced to 'barely an inconvenience' as one of my favorite youtubers likes to say.

Last edited by Nicottia; 22/02/21 10:17 PM.