Originally Posted by SaurianDruid
It is worth noting that when you get to the Grove the game has to side with them against an army of goblins that would've slaughtered the people outside the gates and then reported back, giving away the grove's position and endangering everyone inside.

That is pretty solid grounds for why the people of the Grove don't see you as a threat as a drow or gith. You've already demonstrated that you aren't there as a raider or conqueror. You've saved all their lives.

It would surely be nice if more individual NPCs reacted to my gith, but at the same time there are more NPCs who do that in this game than in most other RPGs I've played so it isn't like it is entirely absent either.

This is how I feel about it specifically for the Grove area...everyone knows you just saved their arses and they're kewl with it/you.

However when my drow toon walked up to Waukeen's Rest apparently right after it was attacked by a group of drow and the guards don't all drop what they are doing to come confront me thinking/wondering if I wasn't part of the same group come back for more that admittedly made no sense to me.