Originally Posted by Pandemonica
Pillars of Eternity 1 was loved, but then in Pillars of Eternity 2, you had the same type of crap talking as I see in here alot, verbatim. Lack of immersion, linear, Poor development of classes, Poorly developed/implemented game mechanics...I mean any of that sounding familiar? All that even though it has a 89% rating. But the band keeps playing lol. Now it seems that same record is going on here. My guess would be sometimes people just want to hate on something, and they just rotate the same kind of post on different RPG forums. Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of legit, well thought out critiques in regards to actual balance issues. But then you have the same old group of people that want to tear it down, or have some hate on for Larian. I guess it is the edgelord thing to do...

My understanding is that Pillars of Eternity 2 also sold poorly. Now... I loved that game, so you won't hear me bad mouth it, but from the standpoint of a developer and a producer the sales numbers are really important. The 89% rating isn't helpful if sales are low...

With regards to criticism of BG3, I think that people are certainly entitled to express their opinion, provided they do it in a polite way. It is fine with me that you disagree with me on the state of combat in BG3, and I am happy that you enjoy it. However, I do not personally like the state that it is in right now, and I will say so in forums dedicated to the game. I certainly do not mean my criticism to be an attack on you or anybody else that happens to enjoy the game.