Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
That is exactly where you are wrong ...
No, I'm not? Stating it boldly doesn't make it a fact.
Oh yes, you are ... and if you would bother to read whole sentences, you also find out why. wink

Originally Posted by Tuco
Quote
It wouldnt need to be figured out so the game works as YOU want ... but it would need to be figured out for others. O_o
There are people who are resting aftere every encounter, since they simply want to ... and since Larian is gathering our gameplay data, i dare to presume that they know much better than we do how often are most people resting.
I presume not even you would expect them to tune game for minority. wink
That's basically just gibberish.
And "How much people are resting" now is irrelevant, when the problem is precisely that the game is currently WAY too permissive with how much you can do it.
Once again, you show that ugly habit of confusing therms "irrelevnat" with "irrelevant for myself only".
Not to mention that other ugly habbit of simply deny every argument by the "i have patent for being right" pose. frown How did you say that? "Stating it boldly doesn't make it a fact."

It is not irrelevant tho ...
If you want to determine how often should people be allowed to rest, first you need to find out how often they are resting ... it should not be any surprise that group made of Battle Master, Tief, Warlock and Druid ... wil need much less long rests than group made of Wizzard, Cleric, Eldrich knight and Arcane Trickster. smile

When you realize that, you should be able to deduce that first you need to implement all classes and specializations ... then you can start gathering data on how much are they actualy reliant to resting system ... and THEN (and only then), you can start figuring out how to restrict your resting system, so your game is still playable and enjoyable for every single class or specialization. :P
EA is suppose to be work in progress (see what i did there? laugh ), we are simply not there yet.

Originally Posted by Tuco
Quote
In my point of wiev, i traded quality for quality ...
What better did you people showed to support your opinion than "its suppose to be that way by rules this is based on, even if that dont follow them litteraly" or "i dont ike it" ? O_o
...What?
Also, there's no hard rule about how to adapt the rest system from pen & paper to videogame format, so trying to imply that any complaint about the current dysfunctional form of the feature is a matter of fanaticism toward the original rulebook is comically misguided at best.
What what ... quality for quality? Its common expresion in my language, it means that im only willing to try as hard as you seem to.

Or did you missunderstand the rest?
That was just comentary on you not liking my argumens, and concidering them weak ... since, all you showed so far its "its suppose to be as i say, bcs its suppose to be like it" that is not much strong argument either. :-/

There you are right, there are not rule about adaptations ...
But as i stated abowe (and in other words in previous post) Larian simply dont have needed data curently.

Originally Posted by Tuco
Quote
The point is that keep it as it is satisfy everyone ... except extremist that demand their restrictions as it seems. :-/
Ah yes, "extremists". Is this another attempt to play that hilarious "silent million" angle?
Dunno, i have no idea what that is.

Originally Posted by Tuco
Quote
You want rest? You can.
You want rest later? You can.
You dont want to rest at all? You can.
Everyone happy.
You don't understand how game design work. Not even specifically for "videogames" but for games in general. A game is defined by his rules and restrictions.
Imagine "Let's play Monopoly. But every few minutes you'll be free to decide if you want to add to your bank 100,000 $ or not. It's up to you".
It seem to me like you dont understant how game design work ... especialy in "early acess" or "still in development" state of that game. O_o
I would not claim that im anyhow experienced in this myself, i only know some people who are working in this business for couple of years now and im talking to them from time to time about it ... no personal experience tho. :-/

But seeing that example, i believe you nailed it:
Yes, that is how Monopoly were made, when its creator was wondering what funds should players have at start of the game, or what funds and how often are suppose to being added, or removed from his bank ...
In other words, that is how you play Monopoly Early Acess ...

And you record few millions of that games simultaneously ...
Then you gather your data and determine when and how many $ should players get and when. wink

Originally Posted by Tuco
Quote
In that case you ignored your characters that was demanding rest.
"Demanding" (very sparsely) to rest without giving you any actual reason to do it given that there's absolutely no penalty involved is rather pointless, isn't it?
I think i detected contradiction ...
First you claimed, you missed some story since you didnt rest. Now you claim that resting is pointless, unless you are penalized for "not resting".

Can you please decide before we continue? O_o
Either you want that story, therefore you have point ... or you dont, therefore you dont rest, but also dont mind that you missed some story. O_o

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 28/02/21 08:47 AM.

In the words of the senior NCO instructor at cadet battalion:
“If you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying. And if you got caught you didn’t try hard enough!”