Originally Posted by spectralhunter
Originally Posted by Pandemonica
I mean I may be wrong, but I seriously doubt at this stage they are going to change party size. Because then they would have to totally redo all the engagements difficulty and the mechanics behind them. To most people, 4 is fine. I mean who knows, maybe they will add more party characters, but considering it only takes a second to port to camp to swap out, and the extra work that would be involved in basically redefining the entire set of combat mechanics, I just don't see this happening. Not to mention, most RPGs, 4 is the standard now. It was the standard in their previous games for DOS as well.

Companions will be locked out according to Larian so there will be a point in time you can’t just swap them out.

Four is only the standard due to the popularity of console gaming. Devs are always thinking how they can port their PC games to consoles.

Maybe it is due to console, but it is still the standard. Also, I am a PC gamer for life, but we are not the major sales of any game. They will focus the development on what sells the most units which is console. I was just saying, that they have all the mechanics balanced for 4, I don't think they will backtrack and rejig all the mechanics for 5 or 6, especially 6. But hey I might be wrong. Just as long as they allow me to disable it in options, because I am just fine with 4. That has been what I have been using for over 10 years for all the other games. Not to mention, the fights in this game are so easy, I don't want them to make it even easier.