Originally Posted by Vortex138
IThis is the one thing that I didn't like about the starting party members. They are essentially all evil (except Gale, but even he has some certain "tendencies" due t his condition).

Is Lae'zel evil? She's an arrogant githyanki racial supremacist, but I'm not sure she's evil. She usually responds positively to "good" player actions as long as they don't imply weakness. That's her thing; she's basically a Darwinian. She disapproves of trying to save the Tieflings in the Druid grove because she thinks the weak should perish if they can't defend themselves. It's consistent with her martial philosophy. I'm not sure that's actually evil. It's like saying the Spartans in the ancient world were evil.

Anyway. I hope that they expand the number of companions so that you could have a "good" party. With current companions, that doesn't seem likely.

Somewhere I think a Larian dev has said they wanted a mostly Evil companion set at first, to try pushing the player into exploring more than the usual Good type of party. Not sure that's working out, but we should see at least a few more Good-aligned companions in Act 1 eventually.