Originally Posted by Zenith
- I don't decide to ignore the versatility, I merely point out it's suboptimal because I can just grab my Laezel with Razglin's hammer and proceed to half HP Aunt Ethel in one turn and put her on frightened so I can kill her in the next 2 turns. She didn't even get the chance to call her illusions or set Myrena's cage on fire because all it took was Moonbeam from my druid and 3 attack turns from my Laezel.

If I had followed your lecture about versatility and tried to wildshape to a useless bear instead of staying caster so I can reposition moonbeam and melee with Sheleighlah for about 3-4 more damage in humanoid than my bear can ever hope for, while maintaining access to my healing spells as well, it is YOUR reasoning that is flawed because wildshape limits my options instead of widening them.

- Yes, because casters can be positioned so well to survive when getting hit by enemy archers and casters, who play by the same rules you do in terms of line of sight requirements to land spells. I guess I should hide them under a rock instead and let them be safely useless /s

I’m not sure what you are hoping for. You are asking to buff wild shape. Okay. But by your own admission, Ethel can be killed very easily now.

How is buffing wild shape going to make Ethel a balanced encounter? And surely you’d have to buff the other classes as well (as you alluded with Shadowheart). I mean Ethel won’t even be able to attack.

Or are you suggesting Ethel should have over 250 HP? We are starting to get to escalation of power then.