Originally Posted by Zarna
Originally Posted by Nyloth
Originally Posted by Scribe
The weight of discussion 'romance' in this game generates is comical out of proportion.

Nothing new? Romance are the most discussed thing if game have this. Or do you think the popularity bioware games came from a deep plot or mechanics? Please, we just wanted to kiss lizard.
It is a rather loud minority that talks about all of that. Also, speak for yourself with this "we" stuff. :P Some of us actually play games for the story, deep or not, and I happen to like the combat mechanics in the ME trilogy. Those games probably also had my favourite companions out of most that I have played, but like in every other game, I still didn't care one bit about romance.

Wow you guys... That was joke about lizard lol. But not a joke about the discussion, otherwise there would not be so many guides on romance. Even if game doesn't have romance functions, people are more likely to discuss about characters, express sympathy or hatred. Of course, I'm talking about more mass social networks, and not some forums. Nowadays, few people use forums to communicate and spread their word. To be honest, I can't remember the last time I saw the message "mechanics in this game were amazing!!"on Twitter. Yea.

Originally Posted by Innateagle
Originally Posted by Nyloth
Nothing new? Romance are the most discussed thing if game have this. Or do you think the popularity bioware games came from a deep plot or mechanics? Please, we just wanted to kiss lizard.

Exactly. We all remember the backlashes suffered by Mass Effect 3 and Andromeda were born not out of lackluster plots and mechanics, but because there simply wasn't a Wrex romance.

I am joking, of course. A romance with a masculine, overgrown frog would have only quenched a minority's needs. For the majority they would have needed something more akin to Jared Leto's Joker, but a bit more anime.

Many people rejected MEA just because Jaal wasn't available for male characters (not joke). It's a good thing you didn't read bioware forums before MEA was release, many people didn't care about plot, mechanics, or graphics at all. Or do you think they changed Jaal orientation for nothing? No cuz ppl cry a lot about that. So yea, I cant say 'romance it's nothing'. You can advertise your game very well just because of this feature.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty