Originally Posted by Nyloth
Originally Posted by Innateagle
Originally Posted by Nyloth
Nothing new? Romance are the most discussed thing if game have this. Or do you think the popularity bioware games came from a deep plot or mechanics? Please, we just wanted to kiss lizard.

Exactly. We all remember the backlashes suffered by Mass Effect 3 and Andromeda were born not out of lackluster plots and mechanics, but because there simply wasn't a Wrex romance.

I am joking, of course. A romance with a masculine, overgrown frog would have only quenched a minority's needs. For the majority they would have needed something more akin to Jared Leto's Joker, but a bit more anime.

Many people rejected MEA just because Jaal wasn't available for male characters (not joke). It's a good thing you didn't read bioware forums before MEA was release, many people didn't care about plot, mechanics, or graphics at all. Or do you think they changed Jaal orientation for nothing? No cuz ppl cry a lot about that. So yea, I cant say 'romance it's nothing'. You can advertise your game very well just because of this feature.

That game was born dead. That the devs changed one of their own characters in such a way only speaks of a desperate attempt not to lose even more of their playerbase than they already had.

If their game is more than romance, and has the backing that entails, devs don't even need to consider turning Garrus from the original trilogy into a gay bird, or Judy from Cyberpunk into a straight pixel.

Of course, again, i'm joking. Patching the sexual orentation of a female fictional character would likely summon more pitchforks than desperados.

Originally Posted by IrenicusBG3
The core story of BG1/BG2 is simple but delivered in a very solid narrative. The writing and voice acting were very solid and sometimes even stellar. But what really stood out was the political background and all the lore that was detailed for you throughout the world. It made feel you were in a living world. That was the charm of BG1/2 story.

I like the main ideas for BG3, but I feel the writing is off. The characters seem immature with some silly dialogues. I feel that Raphael and Astarion should be menacing but they sound comical.

Have you tried mocking Astarion for dreaming about Cazador? It's straight up what you're saying.

The menace is just lost in the overblown dramatics, which is kind of fine in Astarion's case since he's mostly a joke anyway (not meant as an insult) but feels pretty strange with Raphael.

Praise when praise is due though, the companions' dialogues after meeting did do a fantastic job of building him up for me way more than his talk alone managed. Wyll's little tale about how the devil will take everything was especially eerie and cool.

Bit of a segway, but lowkey there needs to be a VAs appreciation post. I'm not super into anyone but damn. Everyone's pretty freaking awesome in this game.