Originally Posted by Wormerine
That's a really good point... why is that however? Is his VO bad? I don't necessarly think so, I did like his delivery lines. Is it because his writing is campy? So was Jon.

At least to me, I think it is, because how hard games tells you how powerful, scary, and manipulative his is... while he actually does bugger all. Transporting us is impressive but after that he is all bark and no bite. Deal he is selling is so obviously rotten and he sounded like a "used car salesman". As a sinister character (be it classic or modern, like Master Mirror from W3) he is just doesn't make a great first impression - unless, he is supposed to look like someone who postures as someone far bigger and powerful as he actually is. Though, even intentionally humiliated Loki had more presence.

As no surprise, I am huge David Warner fan and the tone inflexions that he does to convey disdain, arrogance and condescendence are priceless and save all his lines. And he has some good lines too.

I think Raphael VA is very good. And I agree that he sounds like a used car salesman rather than someone negotiating your life. And I think it is multifactorial (writing, directing, Mo cap).. His transformation is more comical than anything. maybe they should invest in his sinister human form more.

Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
Very funny to me that people think BG3 NARRATIVE is grade AAA material. I think its slightly worse than BG2, but better than BG1. Basically, they are in the same ballpark.
To put things in perspective, Planescape: Torment surpasses all of these games.
And Disco Elysium is on a totally different level.

I think every of these games has its charms.

BG1/2 with political intricacies of the sword coast.
Planescape with its original and surreal story, cast and setting.
Disco Elysium with its psychedelic philosophical writing.

Im a huge fan of BG2 characters and world, planescape story and DE dialogue writing.