Originally Posted by mrfuji3
I'd be fine with PC voice, but if Larian doesn't implement full PC voice, then they should almost never show our character reacting to events. The current combination of silent PC with shown facial expressions is immersion breaking for me.
That's my biggest issue with a non-voiced PC. They often focus on the non-speaking face of the PC long enough that it seems unnatural and awkward that they're not speaking. When they just focused for a moment to show a facial expression and then quickly moved on, it seemed more natural than when they focused on the PC for longer.

The problem with showing the character's facial expressions and giving only one (or two) voice options is what many people have stated already: it's hit or miss if the voice matches the player's idea of their character and if the facial expressions match how they think their character would react. Although I've thought the PC voice acting in many previous RPGs was good quality acting, I didn't always feel it suited my character. I can mentally adjust my character somewhat to fit the available options, but it only works so far.

Ideally, it would be nice to have a series of voices to select from and then do a combination of emotion/wording for selecting your dialgoue options (I like how they do it in the more recent Deus Ex games). However, if that's not practical, then non-voiced PC with shorter (or no) moments in the dialogue might seem more natural.

They've done such a good job with all the NPC facial expressions and voices in dialogue overall, so I really hope they are able to find a better balance for the PC as well.