Originally Posted by Topgoon
Side note, I will 100% take some form of level based encounters over the Skyrim "everyone scales to your level" system, which is 100% immersion breaking for me.

It is totally fine if you can find some enemies where you have to come back later while others are easy if you find them while you have some levels more.

good examples: Gothic1+2, Risen: You can go almost everywhere from the start, but almost everything can kill you. Through experiance YOU become stronger and you can explore more areas.
bad example: Oblivion: After beating tons of demons you face bandits in epic equipment and goblins are almost impossible to beat. It was one of the few games I quit because game mechanics were too frustrating.

By the way, I finished DOS1, but I never finished DOS2. The extreme stat inflation basically forced you to do all encounters in a specific order. There were moments where it was very helpful to solve quests in a specific way to maximize exp early because one level more can make a huge difference in some encounters. I also disliked random equipment and that the whole map was filled with necrofire or similar stuff after every battle.
From my point of view BG3 is a step in the right direction, but the step is not far enough.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi: