Originally Posted by GM4Him
Dude. Grudge. You're killing me. Are you seriously not understanding where Im coming from or are you just missing with me?

I'm not just trying to role play my own narrative and I am certainly not in direct conflict with the story.

Did your character wake up in a blazing mind flayer ship with imps and demons and dragons attacking with the ship on fire? How is it a direct conflict with the story to have imps or demons attack players if they don't move their butts?

Did the Tieflings not say the goblins knew where they were? Did they not say they would be coming soon to wipe them out so the PC needs to hurry before it's too late?

Did the druid's not say they would seal the grove in a matter of just a few days?

Do you think the hag is gonna steal Mayrina down in her lab and just wait 8 hours for your party to rest and then fight her?

If you flee from a Gith fight, rest for 24 hours and come back that the Gith will still be there?

Do you believe everything people tell you? A creepy toothy nasty bug thing CRAWLED INTO YOUR EYE!!! Would that not scare the Hells out of you and make you move your butt to get the cure no matter what the risk, especially because Halsin is captured and every moment you waste could be his last? One of your ONLY chances for a cure could die at any moment.

So you actually think Im being in direct conflict with the story because I want Larian to implement actual, sensible consequences if players casually make their way through the game?

For the sake of being a video game, I can understand your reasoning. Storywise? No. The story sets it up a move your butt or lots of people, including you, are going to die. But then the game DOES punish me if I don't rest every little bit of gameplay. I literally missed out on 90% of the character development in my first playthrough because I thought the game wanted me to push hard to use as few end days as possible only two discover I needed to long rest a LOT to get what I wanted most, to get to know the characters.

It's insanely in conflict with story to NOT hurry up and rescue Halsin and kill the gobbo leaders unless you are evil. In which case, if you don't care about them then great. My suggestions don't hurt you because you don't care if the gobbos kill them all in 6 days or not.

So why are you constantly arguing with me about story? How is what Im asking actually in conflict with the story?

You are comparing apples to oranges in an attempt to justify you anger that you can't roleplay and go against the flow of the narrative. You aren't given information about the waiting too long to saving mayrina. You aren't given information about the waiting too long to seek out the Githyanki. You are given a plethora of information about the tadpole through the narrator, NPCs and context clues.

You just want to ignore that fact, and pretend that you are being punished because you've decided you want to disregard the additional information your characters receives, and roleplay rushing through the main quest because you believe in your heart of hearts that ceremorphosis is imminent, when it fact, it's not

Last edited by Grudgebearer; 19/03/21 03:53 AM.