Originally Posted by marajango
Originally Posted by Nameless´s Fan
The problem is that the very same people who actively look for bugs, grind numbers to explore rules complain when someone have an ideia clever than them.
Baseless assumption and over-generalization.

Agree. I was thinking about a very, very specific group of acquaintances that I played with. My bad here.

Not soo cheese as Kensai/Mage of Baldur´s Gate II after learned Tensei´s Transformation spell.

Originally Posted by marajango
Cheating or not, I appreciate when I have many opitions to solve the same problem. Some people can even say that pacifism route is cheating since you win without fight.
The point of this and many other similar threads on this forum is not to argue against having many options. It is about balancing those options given to us, in order to make them equally viable. When there is no balance and one option is clearly more powerful, efficient and easier to pull off than any other option given, then all those other options are being devalued and the player is being punished by chosing those weaker options above the clearly more powerful one. To avoid being punished (by having to spend more time, more resources or increasing the risk of failure) the player feels forced to allways use the best option available which overshadows every other option available in any given situation. And because of that all the player has is the pretense of having options.

This is usually a problem when you have a lot of classes and races, so some end up getting much better than others.

Another problem quite different from the one I wrote occurs when the developer wants to reward one path more than the other. This is more of a bias. Like the bias toward Lawwful Good of Pathfinder Kingmaker.