Originally Posted by fylimar
Charisma has nothing to do with looks. I know a very good looking girl, that has no charisma at all and people tend to avoid her.
So a good appearance has nothing to do with how charismatic you are to the people.

Right. That's what I was trying to say, but I guess it didn't come out right. I meant that traditionally people viewed Charisma in D&D as the higher Charisma the prettier/more handsome the character.

But that's not always true. Some pretty people, like you say, are introverted and have no real social skills. Meanwhile, I've known some people who are not necessarily considered good looking who draw people to them just because they are so bubbly and caring and lovable. People can't get enough of them.

That's why I was thinking that it'd be better to just provide people some options to allow them to create models that aren't so handsome/pretty. Give the players the choice of whether they want to create the super model or the common, average looking person or even someone who looks like a bruiser. Whether Charisma is high or not, let the player pick.

But they'll probably do that anyway.