Originally Posted by Mythago
I just purchased Solasta after the latest Spring update, and I completely agree with the original post. The UI in Solasta is very clean and easy to use. I’ve always hated the constant managing of hotbar icons in BG3, and the lack of a good spellbook interface.

Solasta also shows how well D&D 5e combat works in a video game without many changes. Moving a fighter next to an enemy actually means something. Reaction pop-ups are great and only take a second to decide where to use that reaction. Some characters don’t have bonus actions and that’s fine (I really don’t miss dipping weapons or free shoves).

And athletics/jumping is so easy, just click at a destination and everyone in the party will climb and jump there if they are able. No need to unchain, select character, click jump, click destination (at least you don’t have to repeat that anymore for every character in BG3).

All this doesn’t mean I don’t like BG3, in fact I like it a lot. It’s just unfortunate that Larian decided not to try more pure 5e rules first and change what needs changing later in the EA.

Same. Love BG3. I still honestly love it more than Solasta. Just saying. BG3 would be 100,000,000 times better with a simpler, Solasta style or close to it UI. And same goes for implementing the 5e rules better. I'm sorry, but they advertised BG3 as authentic D&D 5e video game. They need to make it more true to 5e then. Solasta proves the 5e rules work just fine in a video game. There's no reason BG3 can't do it too.