Originally Posted by Elessaria666
Originally Posted by spectralhunter
I bought EA thinking it will last roughly a year give or take a couple of months. But knowing what I know now, I’m surprised Larian opened up EA this early. I regret buying this early.

Combat is completely unbalanced. The UI is a mess. Many of the core classes and races are not implemented yet. Larian should have waited till this coming summer to launch EA.

I think we won’t see the official launch until mid 2022 at the earliest. I hope I’m wrong.
One of the reasons games have EA is to fund extended development. Without EA Larian would not have been able to expand their workforce or add all the content to the game they want to. Buying EA is the same as buying the finished game. Playing the EA is entirely your choice, and not doing so loses you nothing in terms of the final release. Even using low-end figures EA has brought in $30-40m dollars of funding to make BG3 the best it can be. I think Autumn 2022 is more likely, with a class added every 8-10 weeks, then multi-classing for 15-20 weeks, and maybe level 5 and the rest of Act 1 unlocked just before release to get data for final polish.

Oh I know that. But I will argue the longer a developer delays a game, the expectations rise sometimes to unattainable levels like say Cyberpunk.

I was just shocked how unbalanced this game is at this point in development. And it seems Larian isn’t swimming in funds or they wouldn’t have started EA this early.

And of course buying this early is my choice. I didn’t say I wasn’t going to buy it because I have buyers remorse. I meant I regret buying this early into EA when BG3 clearly has way more than a year before launch.