Originally Posted by Aishaddai
Hmmm. Meh I'm not bothered. In fact, fuck it, I'm all in. Only because martials don't get much and I know how strong mages can be starting ironically at level 5 and level 7.

From what I gather from the article they seem to be focusing on more difficult things first. Martial classes being left behind is very noticeable moving from pnp to video game format. It relies more on player imagination which technically should have translated to animation, but it seems they opted for more practical application. You can see this in pathfinder really well for example. You are nothing more than meat under a mountain of spells between foes and allies casters, if you can even see your martial character and is not dead.

I'm very familiar with the spells in dnd so I know whats coming for casters. They eclipse the game more so than Larian cheese not including solidstealthgods and maybe barrelbros. I guess most just skim or skip.

They also admit that they are only adding things they feel need testing so EA is not even a useful measure of anything really. They also admit that people misunderstood many characters. I'm ok with all of this actually. Maybe it was a lowkey nudge to the Haslin/Astarion worshippers lmao.

I hope some more start to see the bigger picture. EA is skewed pretty much entirely I can only assume. Its not the full game. Just a playground to test things. How much can change is unknown, but what is known is that it has. I can't do anything with that info one way or another.

I think I'll stick to just browsing datamine.

5e phb puriest will probably raise hell though.

Well... yeah. But you gotta understand, even though us "5e purists" will "raise hell", it's for a reason. There simply weren't any good DND 5e games out there. There weren't ANY. And we desperately want them. We do have Solasta now, but BG3 is so much higher budget and so much better in acting, writing and story and permutations and such. So, naturally, us purists are going to go nuts when we hear the game is 5e. To then find out they are hacking our beloved 5e to pieces and adding puzzle pieces that aren't matching is of course making us sad.

I am sure the game will be good in the end, and I hope I will love the heck out of it, I am just hoping it will be far more of a DND game in the end, or at least that it can be modded into one. <3