To be Blunt it does not compare there to entirely different games set in the same world is all to be fair it would have been more accurate to call Baldurs Gate Orginal Bhaal Spawn Saga And I would argue this would be the Illythid Saga.
Then there the way Bioware Implemented D&D 2nd Edition Advanced rules and they went with RTWP with the formations in a 6 man squad and because of this, they have entirely different gameplay and styles.

I find with RTWP you get more low-level mobs through in if nothing else to make your feel powerful and got to admit I kinda like this faster pace game but still have to pause for the big fight to micromanage to make sure your support do not get caught out.

I find TB slower paced I mean you can go get cuppa take it easy more relaxed can still be super tough fights but will tend to be fewer mobs and I would say every fight is much more intense because of it.

I am finding the 4 man squad limit with the chain system rather constrictive tho but I suppose it adds to the challenge and you're defo gonna have to go without something.

To be honest of Recent the only game I found got close to BG2 feeling is Pathfinder: Kingmaker and that not tech DND rules it a take on them but I had the same kind of feeling I had when I played BG2 I say BG2 because I pref that one over BG it took everything Bauldurs Gate did and Turned the Diles way up

I agree with the peeps on the NPC chrs only one I kinda like is Lae'zel but she hates me cus I a goody-two-shoes saving the Tieflings and druids but I still kind of like here chr more than the other the worse being the Twilight Vampire oh god why.

Last edited by ShimmerUK; 08/04/21 06:54 PM.