Originally Posted by Dexai
Should I have phrased it as a generalised, passive aggressive remark about the entire forum instead of being direct and adressing the person I'm referring to?

Really, there is a recurring theme of Pandemonica passive aggressively and snidely responding to and remarking at other forum members, with barely veiled intent and targets, obvious bait, and the moderators here only assessing the people who gets riled up by their frankly outright toxic behaviour.

Above, all I did was direct Pandemonica's words back at them. And yet somehow that is not okay, but when they said those exact words it was? The double standard is palpable.

This was a silent concern of mine over the past few months too, that I only really see warnings getting dropped on people that are perceived as hostile to Larian, even with two people poking at each other from either faction. The only exception was that one guy who was literally asking for it by calling all DnD fans trash, and that was a case of having absolutely no plausible deniability there. It's especially poignant to me, because I actually used to be a moderator for the official Nexon forums when they used to host Dragon Nest NA, and had moderated in similar ways. Granted, I did not have ban powers (us volunteer moderators could only recommend bans to the admins), but the way I wielded my influence and the people I recommended for bans was highly suspect at best in hindsight.

No one could ask me to become a moderator again. That power DID corrupt me, and I've since accepted that realization.

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 10/04/21 11:41 PM.