Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
This was a silent concern of mine over the past few months too, that I only really see warnings getting dropped on people that are perceived as hostile to Larian, even with two people poking at each other from either faction. The only exception was that one guy who was literally asking for it by calling all DnD fans trash, and that was a case of having absolutely no plausible deniability there. It's especially poignant to me, because I actually used to be a moderator for the official Nexon forums when they used to host Dragon Nest NA, and had moderated in similar ways. Granted, I did not have ban powers (us volunteer moderators could only recommend bans to the admins), but the way I wielded my influence was highly suspect at best in hindsight.

That's an interesting viewpoint. My opinion for what it's worth is to wonder if occasionally people might take informal warnings a bit too personally; I've seen several examples of that when I eventually interject to say "enough!" which is often not at one particular person but just as a general note to cool it off, make the comments less personal or whatever (and I'm sometimes guilty of seeing things that way myself when I'm active elsewhere). I'm not interested in the least about whether or not someone is more pro or anti the game and frequently have little idea about which "side" a given forum member might be on, if any; it's the risk of flare-ups that tends to get my attention.

Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
No one could ask me to become a moderator again.

There is that. Often the people who want to be moderators aren't the best fit and vice-versa. I'm not particularly enthusiastic about telling people what to do and I'm mostly here to meddle with the forum and boot spammers off...

J'aime le fromage.