Originally Posted by Nyloth
Originally Posted by fylimar
There are some interesting character, we've met in the game, I would love as companions (doesn't have to be romances, just full fledged companions with a story): Alfira, Karlach (ok, she will be a companion and I'm looking forward to her), Abdirak, Halsin or Nettie or Kagha - all three would be interesting, but Halsin already is a travel companion, that deep gnome, you save at the windmill, one of the myconids, Mol.
All very interesting characters and it would be a shame, if they were just gone from the game. I can see us meeting some of them in Baldurs Gate again, but still, I want to know more about them.

I don't think someone with a standard face will be our companion. Karlach have this one npc face. So how do people have the information that she will be our companion?
From the datamine, we will likely get 3 more companions, one male and 2 females. One of the classes is ranger. One of the launch companions will be a fan favorite returning from the previous 2 games. Karlach has voicelines and a lot of stuffs pointing to her being a companion, and all companions will be romanceable. I'm guessing they could make a face for her instead of a generic face, the current face could just be a placeholder.