Originally Posted by Thespen
OK but a 22.51GB download (on GOG) is NOT a hot fix.

I thought you had meant to fixed this issue, guess I'm giving up playing for now.

OK, you can go to the ~100MB steam patch that includes a bunch of decompression and code changes that have to be done by the installed patch *after* the patch has been downloaded. Two people in the Hotfix thread on Steam reported that the patch info was telling them it would take one-to-two days to install before they could play! I stopped reading the thread because it was obvious they'd gotten a decompression-heavy patch and/or were using slow drives. So it's half-a-dozen of one, six of the other.

Personally, I'll take the 21GB uncompressed patch any day of the week.

Why is Larian to blame because your Internet DL speed is apparently slow as Christmas? You can stop playing any time, of course, your choice--but gaming today is all about the Internet. You can plod away and complain to the heavens--but, gee--how on earth are you going to be able to DL the 50GB+ final version of the game? What then?

You'll be a lot happier if you simply bite the bullet and get reasonably fast Internet connectivity. You'll find that doing so won't just improve your perception of game patching, but also that everything else you download will be improved as well.

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)