Originally Posted by ReaLMoisan
Originally Posted by GM4Him
Lol. Join the D&D Works in Solasta Club! 😄

Some of us here are trying so hard to make this point too. The one why Solasta really kills BG3 is that it does 5e right.

That's said, I have learned that part of the issue is that Larian is not just trying to appeal to 5e fans. You have a LOT of people out here who really hate 5e rules and want the game to be more like DOS or even other video games totally unrelated.

But, this game is Forgotten Realms. It was marketed as a 5e game. So, in my opinion, the non-5e people should take more of a back seat. I know that sounds harsh, but making a D&D world game NOT true to D&D is like throwing elements of Star Trek into Star Wars and saying it's okay, they're both Sci Fi. Faerun has ALWAYS been about D&D. So the game should be more true to D&D. It should not be a quasi-D&D kinda like DOS game.
I don't get this though. D&D 5e is far more popular and profitable than this game will ever be. Wizards of the Coats made $814 million in revenue in 2020, while Larian made $12 million in revenue in the same year. Divinity OS II made just over 1 million sales, while 5e D&D has over 14 million current players, even by the lowest estimates. You'd think being closer to the core mechanics of 5e D&D would be a selling feature, not a detriment. 5e D&D is far more popular than this game could ever hope to be.

Are you seriously comparing the profits from a video game and a board game right now? Or is it a joke? Do you realize that these are different things, don't you? And that they get paid for completely different products? Different audience, huh? I hope I just didn't understand your irony.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty