Originally Posted by Rhobar121
As the number of rng topics shows, people don't like dice rolls. Aside from the XCOM series, how many games are really based largely on RNG?
How many topics have players complained of not hitting multiple times in a row despite the high %? How many complaints have there been about rng in the conversations?
I remember such a large number of topics of this type that it can be considered a real problem for a large number of players.
RNG is in may games one way or another. A lot of elements in Doom are based on RNG and RPGs like Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy. D&D rules are different in that they allow the player to fail, there is less safety. I remember a lot of people supporting RNG as well, the issue isn't the dice. The issue is who combat is balanced and how homebrew impacts the game. The more they change the dice, the more obvious it is that other aspects are the issue.
Originally Posted by Rhobar121
Homebrew doesnt matter if the player sees the chance of hitting the level of 80-90 + and then misses several times in a row, most likely he will start to get nervous and in the extreme case will uninstall the game and leave negative reviews.
I suspect that getting an easy advantage is just trying to reduce rng as much as possible.
This is where comparisons go back to tabletop (closer to rules-as-written) & Solasta. The homebrew does matter, the encounters in Baldur's Gate 3 are lackluster in design, and it would be great if low rolls weren't always represented as misses. Even tabletop D&D starts to become boring when a DM just says "miss", for every roll below the target AC.

Right now Baldur's Gate 3 has avoided playing into the excitement of dice rolls and continues to go that route with each patch. You assert that people in general don't enjoy rolling dice, or random chance. But IRL gambling is a huge industry and people enjoy RNG with reasonable rewards enough to continuously purchase loot crates. Larian has done a poor job representing how exciting dice rolls can be. As of today, they've kept avoiding that as a design choice. (This is no fault of RNG).

If the masses can fall in love with loot crates, they can fall in love with rolling dice in Baldur's Gate 3. Of course, some homebrew would have to be changed/removed for that to happen.