The only way it is on topic is if the character themself is racist and wouldn't romance a specific race, but even then there is tropes of hate love or moving past past grievances and stuff like that. Legolas and Gimli are a famous bromance (or romance under certain interpretations) and evoke similar themes. And specifically with Laezel, I feel like she actually begins to respect the others around her, and Shadowheart mellows out realizing that (in her eyes) you aren't a "bad" gith, I think?

Moving away from that entirely (and can delete that if people want), it seems a solution to Playersexuality being maintained is to just add more specific dialogue? Something that indicates past relations or what they like, like: "Many a man and woman have tried to lay with the blade, but only a select few have caught my eye~" or something like that. Confirmation on what they did in the past and how it relates to the present. A line like that would indicate that he saw himself as Bi (or just attractive to both) and was able to have flings outside of Mizora.
Another example. Like I actually wouldn't be surprised if Gale was a virgin or never had a relationship outside of his obsession with Mystra so you could give him a line like, "I never expected to feel this way about someone else... a mortal... A man..." or something like that that gives him a sense of retrospection and idea that he might have thought himself Straight before but now thats shifted. Similarly Astarion could says something like, "I never had a chance to do something like that in 200 years, Cazador never.... well, that doesn't matter anymore since you are here." giving an indication of the lack of relationships he might have had being a thrall or on the flipside could give a line about how he enjoyed a specific gender or even race while being a servant of the night and it was nice going out of his comfort zone and that he'd like to try again soon.

tldr; I suggest adding dialogue that gives some of the characters a sort of past with their sexuality that also reconciles the present playersexuality.