Never played DOS, but that does not sound like fun. That also concerns me. I do not like games that start out easy and then become really hard all of a sudden.

Guys. This is a D&D game. It should look and feel like D&D not DOS. One of the major game elements of D&D is progressive increasing of abilities. It isn't about going from 0 to 60 in 6 seconds.

I don't know. The more I hear about DOS the more Im glad I didn't buy it yet. I've been tempted to because I love this game so much, but...

I just feel like DOS fans are trying to turn a D&D game into DOS instead of just accepting a game for what it is. Let D&D be D&D and let DOS be DOS.

That's why I feel like it's a scenario where Star Trek fans are trying to force Star Wars fans to play a Star Wars game using Star Trek weapons and equipment and ships and such. When playing a Star Wars game, you need to play by Star Wars rules or it isn't a Star Wars game, is it? Phasers don't belong in Star Wars and Jedi don't belong in Star Trek.

Likewise, DOS gameplay doesn't belong in D&D anymore than D&D gameplay belongs in DOS.