Originally Posted by Tey
In 9 times I've hit 4 digits. There wasn't even a 2. It was 1, 3, 4, 5 on 20 sided dice. So, it's not about 9 failures, it's about not hitting anything above 5 in 9 turns on 20 sided dice. And as I said earlier, this feeling persist throughout the game, in same situations with different characters.
I assume you have the "loaded/weighted die" setting on? (It's the default setting.) Larian added this weighted dice system to "fix" the streakiness of their rng, and in a recent hotfix they made it so only low-valued streaks were eliminated from their rng (allowing players to still get "hot streaks"). It is possible that their recent hotfix has broken this mechanic, but again this can't be determined with only 9 rolls. It is equally likely for you to only roll values above 15, but in this case you probably wouldn't feel strongly enough to make a forum post.

If you don't have the "loaded die" setting on, then yes the fact that Larian's rng produces multiple consecutive low-numbered values in a row is a known issue. It does the same for high-valued rolls. It baffles me how Larian ended up choosing such an obviously poor random number generator...

I would be very interested in determining if Larian's recent hotfix to the loaded dice system is actually broken. If you're (plus a combination of other people like @EvilVik) willing to record even 100 rolls, we could at least test whether the average roll is close to the expected average of 10.5