Originally Posted by Blackheifer
But here is where things get dicey - is it a problem that everyone is bisexual in Faerun (or at least all the companions), because the subtext suggest the opinion that sexuality isn't a fixed thing. To be sure, some people are bisexuals, but most people are either gay or straight - unless things work differently in the forgotten realms.

However, this also could be sending the message that sexuality is irrelevant! Which is pretty woke and makes a compelling point as well. That it is counterproductive to build characters based around a sexual orientation.

Or is it even much simpler than that - where the devs know that players are conditioned to have the expectation that they can romance companions and they simply said "Ok, have fun, they will sleep with anyone...literally a heartbeat is the requirement and maybe not even that in the case of Astarion - knock yourselves out"
Im not quite sure if we are suppose to start this topic again, since every other threat where it started was quite soon locked, since some people just started to take it personaly. ._.

But even tho i agree with this ...
I still concider it minor problem, compared to the fact that companions are willing to sleep with litteraly anything. :-/ Not just in matter of gender, but in mainly in matter of that word, people freak about, wich starts with R and ends with ACE.

One of main characteristic of Shadowheart is the fact that she hates Gith ... and she have realy good reason for it. But once you play gith, and once you manage to gather enough "aproval" points ... she no longer care, she is totally willing to spend her evening with you, kiss you, and probably even sleep with you in the future. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown