Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by robertthebard
Gee, I read your comment, and before I even finished the first sentence I was thinking "What about Skyrim"... I then wondered "At what point were the players given an option about whether or not it existed". So I wasn't particularly hard pressed to come up with one, and I have never seen a poll from a developer asking "do you want D/N cycles w/out NPC schedules, or do we need to add them". It would be fun, I guess, to look back on these to see the results, so can you provide some links to official polls that you're apparently citing here?

So let's see the facts, instead of your statements? I'm not a fan of "it's on the internet, so it must be true".
I have no idea of what you are even attempting to say, since hardly anything of your answer ACTUALLY relates to what I talked aboput.
I didn't cite any "poll", but a long track record of games in the genre doing things.
And "Would you prefer complex NPC schedule or NO NPC schedule?" would be a damn stupid loaded question to put to an audience, in general. You aren't really offering any trade off, just asking people "WOULD YOU LOVE TO GE MORE FOR THE SAME PRICE? YAAAY".

Also, aside for the fact that TES/SKyrim is one of these series that rely on systemic content (like their shitty procedurally generate quests) almost as much as designed one, finding ONE notable question isn't exactly enough to defuse an argument.
I said one would be hard pressed to list exceptions, not that they don't exist. Otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned two myself.

If you didn't cite any official polls, then you provided no "facts", but simply made some assertions, and then tried to claim they were facts. I asked you to provide the sources that make your assertions facts. You did state that calling foul on one of your assertions doesn't change the facts, so support the assertion, and lay out the facts, instead of just claiming they're facts, regardless, because you posted it on a forum. That's not how facts work.

Assertion 1: The overwhelming majority of games with a Day/Night cycle don't do it. Citations needed. You're claiming this is a fact, surely you can support it, yes?
Assertion 2: And most people were more than reasonably satisfied with that compromise over the idea of giving up to the feature entirely. Citations needed.
Assertion 3: So "Calling foul" doesn't change facts, really. This needs to be supported. Because looking at what you provided in 1 and 2, and what you're claiming in 3, nothing adds up to "facts", just "but this is what I think, so everyone needs to just agree with me".