Originally Posted by Tuco
Let me stress that this isn't meant a a thread to debate the action economy of shove or its effectiveness as an alternate option to attacking ( I mean, we can do that too if you care that much about it, but it has be done a million times already).

This is specifically about the visualization/physics of the gesture.

Originally Posted by Blackheifer
And so if we are going to be silly I say stick with it. In Multiplayer its a great source of humor. I know that's not your thing, but really anything that makes combat more over-the-top is a boon to multiplayer.
Genuine question.
And I'd like an answer without memes, without jokes, without defending something just because "Well, it's already there so let's pretend to enjoy it how it is".

Do you think that playing the same exact situation in multiplayer (shoving someone and watching him fall to his ruin ten meter below) but with a body that fell behaving like an actual body (rather than as a straw puppet inflated with helium bags) would be detrimental to your enjoyment of the scene?

Ok fair enough. The true answer is I don't have much invested in it being one way or the other. You could change it to make it more realistic and it wouldn't really make any difference to me. I may not even notice if it was actually changed in a future update and I assure you it wouldn't affect my enjoyment of the game.

"I have often said, and oftener think, that this world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel — a solution of why Democritus laughed and Heraclitus wept"

-Horace Walpole

Blackheifer