Solasta's EA was about half of the game. BG3's EA is probably about 1/4th-1/3rd of the game as far as anyone knows. Only one throws teleporting AoE spitting spiders at you at level 3-4, and it isn't the one with an EA phase that ran for half the game.

I don't have a problem with homebrew. I have a problem with UNBALANCED homebrew based on the context, and most of BG3's homebrew altered the core mechanics themselves. I have argued repeatedly that I would welcome such things if they actually improved the system, but it appears the majority are in agreement that few (if any) of the changes BG3 did to the core combat systems had any positive long term effect on the game.

Plus, there is a huge ass difference between homebrew feats, and outright freely giving advantage for height/backstab, and I'm pretty sure everyone in this forum is smart enough to understand that distinction. After all, the feats you can ignore/avoid using. But you can't ignore height advantage. smile

For example, if I had any say in this, I'd alter Paladins in BG3 so that you can smite with ranged weapons, because it'd suddenly open up a lot of build variety. Then I could make a really fun archer Bard/Paladin multiclass.

Not going to respond to the personal bait otherwise.

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 13/06/21 01:23 AM.