Originally Posted by Boblawblah
[quote=Wormerine]
I don't know about you, but having an incredible 1 hour experience for $80 CAD vs a decent experience for 100 - x00 hours for $80 CAD is a no brainer. I'll take the 400 hours of entertainment any day. Now, if you're fortunate to not have to worry about money at all, then congrats! You're a whale smile (kidding)
That's of course exaguration, but the question would be: how good the 1 hours experience is. I am generally hesitant to pay full price, though it happens more then I would like to admit, but time investment is as much of a value to me, as my money account. I would take 20-40h RPG that is no-filler, all-killer experience, then a 100+h RPG that has 50-70hours of great content.

It could be that I find it rare these days to find a game that I wish was longer (I remember that wasn't the case in the past were more games were under 10h mark), but I played a lot of games in recent years that overstayed their welcome (be in unintentional or intentional [monatization of grind]).

It's just this werid thing in gaming that I dont' understand. I haven't seen people argue about value of one book over another, with how many pages each of them has. Sure there needs to be a certain amount of pages to be a book, but what in those pages in generally more important then how long it will take to read the book. If anything excessive length can be seen as negative.

EDIT.
Originally Posted by zamo
I used to think like this. I choose quality over quantity since I began working.
There is that certainly. I am definitely more fussy with how I spend my free time these days.

Last edited by Wormerine; 16/06/21 02:44 PM.