youtu.be/OE956yV6hNk?t=233
Sven gets it. D&D5e is boring and empty by itself (it is what it is), it's only interesting with good DM and hyper-actor players coming up with insane stuff (watching Critical Role, for example, is very entertaining), but, from technical and mechanical standpoint, it's empty and boring for normal, non-hyper-actors, people, and now he must translate it mechanically into the game. I kinda feel bad for my mans, what can he do about this. You can feel his pain.
D&D3e was very rich in terms of mechanics, but it was "too hard to get into" for most people. There are some great games based on D&D3e.
D&D5e in comparison with D&D3e and Divinity OSII is so empty, so little tactical freedom (don't even start about "but in tabletop I can imagine whatever duh") in the game. You can't put an "imagination engine" into the game. Only thing that kind of simulates D&D5e is AI Dungeon, it's insane but very entertaining, as some insane DM.
Sven, at least give us some good characters, some normal straight smart man (a good brother-in-arms) to take in the party and some normal cute women (at least a single good woman) to have a in-game relationship with. For now it's... well, Lone Wolf. Divinity characters are so good. I get all the "business" bowing to twitter and reddit (and we all know who are the loudest there), but, Sven, the silent majority will not enjoy the game in this case. Cheers.