Originally Posted by Peranor
What I don't get is why Larian so stubbornly refuse to address this issue. Is it some kind of misguided sense of pride?
I sincerely believe that it wouldn't require that much effort from Larian to improve the movement Mechanic in to something that at least resemble modern gaming standards when it comes to control.

And I know Solasta is a bad word here. But i just tried out BG3 after playing through Solasta. And damn... BG3's crappy party controls is even more noticeable now.
I simply can not believe that the developers think that the current system is fine. I simply can not. Maybe they are working on ways to improve it but just doesn't have anything to show yet. Or they will save it for the finished version of the game.
In their more recent interview they claimed that the upcoming update will focus on addressing quality of life and systems according to the feedback of the community more than on adding new content.

To be perfectly honest I don't want to raise anyone's expectations, since have very little hope to see this request for revamped controls addressed, as I have yet to see the slightest sign that Larian even acknowledges this as a problem that exists.
Still, you never know. Waiting few more days (weeks) at this point hardly makes a difference.

Also, yes to what you said. It's funny, because I don't even like the Solasta's control scheme that much (both PoE 2 or the two Pathfinder would be better ideal models as far as I'm concerned), but man if I wouldn't take that over what we got here in a heartbeat.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN