Originally Posted by Try2Handing
Originally Posted by virion
[...] somehow magically [...] not that hard
If it takes magic to fix it...

It literally would take magic to get "the same level of interaction with our team as we did in BG2" from RPGs nowadays. It's a fantasy.

Remember the beggars around the Slum District in BG2? If you talk to them, sometimes one of your party members would butt in with a remark. After playing BG2 on and off for 10+ years I discovered a rather amusing exchange between Nalia and Valygar that is only triggered when you have both of them in the party and when you talk to one of those beggars.

Remember in BG1 and 2 sometimes a pair of companions who hate each other would argue randomly and eventually become unselectable and fight each other until one is dead? Well, there was this one time when Dynaheir and Edwin decided it was time to settle it once and for all, I watched them throw spells they had available at each other, and in the end, their last spells killed each other at the same time - Edwin using Magic Missile and Dynaheir using Melf's Acid Arrow. I thought this was such a perfect ending. And there was this fight in BG2 between Viconia and Keldorn that broke out right after the Asylum maze. Of course Keldorn was too strong for Viconia. He almost killed her, but then Viconia freaked out and ran away. The funny thing was, they were fighting next to the exit point of that area, and her "panic AI" made her go through this area transition point and escape to the next area. This broke their combat state and neither of them ever talked about it again afterward. Fun times.

I can never forget those moments and up to this day I have yet to find moments equally funny and amusing from any other game.

Exactly. I know it's a bit harder to do it " properly " in case of BG3, it's much more centered around COOP. From singleplayer perspective/Duo of players this wouldn't be a problem, but what if you have a party of 4? Does one of them suddenly loose control over his character ?

I would say yes, absolutely. If you made the wrong choices and your character ended up having a stroke and is now about to kill another guy from your group you accept that this is where your decisions led to.
And start playing another character.

The thing is ... I think Larian is against it at it's core. " Play the game the way you want". If the character you play made a decision you disagree with....well...it wasn't your character. See what I mean?
Same with the "No clock thing".

Nalia's castle is under siege and no she won't wait a month or two until you're done at Umar Hills. In BG3 everything waits for you. Every single person in the whole universe is making extra sure there's a red carpet waitingdd(your enemy, the goblins, INCLUDED). BG2 had very little " Timed events" and usually if a character left your party to deal with something he was waiting for you where you were supossed to do the quest. But once again, it just made so much sense for them to at least pretend they had a tight schedule.

It's hard to catch why BG2 was so good especially now that it's 20 years old. But I do think it's about characters. Those we have in BG3 ( in current form, EA obviously) are nowhere close to what Bioware did back then.

"It literally would take magic to get "the same level of interaction with our team as we did in BG2" from RPGs nowadays. It's a fantasy." -==> I don't think it is. Larian already has the same elements we had in BG2 tbh when it comes to character interaction. But it's not highligthed at all for now. I hope that's part of the " work in progress". If the entire party ends up soulless it would take so much away from that game.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.