I guess people expects CRPGS to by like WARZONE and the Wicther nowdays. Combat and action every minute of gameplay. Stuff everywhere to pickup. Loot loot and more loot. I find that MEEEH, boring and repetitive.

Nah not really. The success of Valheim kinda proves it. I know it's a totally different category of games ( it's more for the survival / rpg crowd) but it's literally about cutting wood in a forest. Like that's what you do. You add to this the popularity of grind games and mobile games....I think it's about simplicity.

You make a system hard to learn and it rejects a lot of people straight away. They either don't have the will or the time for that. It's quite difficult to satisfy both crowds.

-Those who want a complex game, where knowing how each spells counters another, where and when to use it, how to position , what to expect from the enemy, how to manage your ressources .
and
- Those who want spells, a good story , managing their ressources but they want the solution to be fairly straightforward. Not necessarily easy but they won't buy the game if it earns the reputation of " The ghitlyanki patrol slaugthered me, and that's just the start. It gets harder".

Making both of those happy is what's what Larian is asked to do right now. All those who lack "something" in the combat of BG3 and provide previous BG titles as an example are probably in the first group.
Inbetween posts for " combat rebalance", less surfaces caused too op etc etc you have posts of people asking for help, claiming mages are underpowered etc.

I'm generalizing here but you catch my drift. Larian games became so popular partially because they can appease both publics ( to some extent). I just hope they will lean a TINY bit towards those critisizing the game to find just the right spot.

Last edited by virion; 22/06/21 01:01 AM.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.