Originally Posted by Boblawblah
[...] was there some massive difference to playing as an origin character?
From what I've heard, playing as Fane can open up one or two more significantly different options, but by the time I heard this I was already done with the game.

Originally Posted by Boblawblah
I just don't see the point of playing as one of them then.Is it more for casual players who don't want to actually set up a character? Or is it because they look more unique than a custom PC can? What's the draw? It's not like you're getting a different view of who they are, because you get to choose who they are. Shadowheart can suddenly become super polite, etc. Or maybe THAT's the draw? Making the origin characters dance like puppets? I just don't get it.
Good questions. Up til now I haven't quite understood this myself. To me it is obvious that there's next to no benefit to this. Could it be something to do with multiplayer - because I've never done any multiplayer and missed it? I want to believe Larian meant to do something a lot more creative and original with the whole "origin characters" thing, but for whatever reason failed to do it. Otherwise, if the way DOS2 origin characters plays out was exactly what they intended to do, then that's woefully disappointing. It feels like a massive waste of development resources. And if this is what they're intending to do again with BG3... Helm, give me strength.

Last edited by Try2Handing; 29/06/21 02:55 PM.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."