I dunno why so many people have problem with PFH ... its just their form of presentation. :-/
And honestly, i like it MUCH, MUCH, and once more MUCH more than those awkwardly scripted scenes we get on E3. -_-

Originally Posted by sublimeclown
Looks like Panel From Hell 3 is coming soon.

https://twitter.com/Cromwelp/status/1410248780314722309
Im somewhere between: "Yay!" and "Why the hells i follow Larian Twitter, when every single important reveal is happening everywhere else, but there. -_-"

Originally Posted by CJMPinger
Even if they don't die or such, but they leave, I still really don't like that. I like playing with a large cast, I don't want to be locked into a limited selection based on who I thought I'd like at some arbitrary point, I want to have the chance to adventure with everyone. Change up my party on a whim, decide to switch out Gale for Wyll for a bit and later on switch back. Its how I played BG1 and 2, I use every companion that I can. And being told that I can't do that just leaves me disappointed and feels like a completely wasted opportunity for the game.
I dont see those two things excluding each other ...
You still can have large cast, it would simply just not contain other Origin characters ...

I mean, if someone asks me if i would like to trade permanently pissed Shadowheart for daddy Halsin ... i would be all in. laugh
Same with full-of-himself Will traded for Volo for example.
Or i dunno ... Astarion for Alfira. (even tho it would not last long as we know :D)

You talk about it as if you were supposed to stick with mindless zombies after Act 1 ...
I dont believe it would be the case.
If you kill some important NPC
Zevlor, in that Gate-Batle
... another one will get his post, so the story can continue ... personaly i see no reason to expect any different with companions. O_o
MAYBE ... we simply trade tadpoled party for non-tadpoled party. Is that so bad? :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown