I think generally this game is a big improvement from Kingmaker in almost every aspect. I liked kingmaker quite a bit so I look forward to the full game. some comments:

- I think this game has one of the best companion casts I have ever seen, period. almost all the characters you can have as companions are either instantly interesting or become very interesting in unexpected ways. Owlcat also improved on the interparty interaction, and the companions will react and talk with each other much more often than before and not only during campout.

- this one is not an issue but more of a personal taste - like kingmaker, there is too much combat without much diversity. this is a "classic hardcore CRPG" so perhaps I have no idea what I'm talking about and should go back to skyrim or something, but in my humble opinion, this loop of story combat story combat story combat becomes really tedious and really exhausting. both here and on kingmaker they tried to offset it with other mechanics, and while I feel like the Heroes style army combat is better than kingdom management in doing so, there isn't enough of it and it is not interesting enough right now (perhaps it will be improved) to be really invested in it. I don't know how to explain it better than that. I can only use an example from another classic CRPG - in Baldur's Gate I never felt like there is too much combat. I don't think it is even nessecerally about diversifying the gameplay and more about designing more interesting combat scenarios.

- story - this is the big one, the biggest problem with the game as I see it. It's been a little while since I played the game, so I don't remember all the details, but I can say for sure that the biggest problem I have with this game is that I think the story is underwhelming. From a little inquiries I made on the official discord, it seems to me that they are very faithful to a source material, which I never read, but seems to be not so great. My biggest problem with the story is that it feels really generic and predictable, and even when it isn't, it's not because of great story telling, but because it just doesn't make much sense.

Since I already own the game and since it is still very good game I'll probably finish it, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it won't be the perfect experience the fans are selling

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."