see you all in patch 6 that was not really exciting overall. Eating just = more time pickpocketing repeatedly to loot the npcs. Inspiration points for backgrounds = meh. Generally most of the time your just picking them for specific skill checks as there are not enough options even in core dnd really with those.

Option to save shadow heart interesting, Dog cleaned up is nice. And the cinimatic adjustments same thing for the camp but its just visual perks really. The changes just don't feel like its worth a replay personally I will just wait another patch at based on what I saw maybe the patch notes will have something but currently i'm not excited enough to play again so its going to be another 5-6 months probably before something comes with enough reason to play through EA again. 12 patchs of bug fixes 2 weeks apart then a month and a half of silence then a new patch.

Nothing dramatic was added they didn't fix dwing and swapping weapons they didn't fix wizards casting cleric spells. No level cap increase. No new companions. No New Classes. No New Races. No fix for advantage on pack stab. No rolling ability scores. Basically nothing that has been a hot topic since release. Not Impressed at all to be honest that's my opionion.

The mechanic doesn't really super change long resting and short resting that much it just makes it significantly more annoying. As well as far more annoying for gold. Where previously you could sell that for quick change now your going to need to pick pocket twice as much to cover expenseses. So instead of an hour of pick pocketing back and forth in the druid village now im going to have to spend 2-3 hours and keep a lot of garbage in storage for long rests. Which will impact carrying capacity ect. Especially since you don't have a pack mule to carry things. Means more going back and forth to the druid grove more time emptying your inventory and less weight you can carry just makes the game longer with stuff you dont really want to be doing especially when you cant roll your ability scores to make sure you have significant carrying capacity on multiple characters. Its just a bigger pain in the butt IMO. Something that is far less impactful in actual dnd where you dont have to make 10 trips back and forth to town to empty your inventory. Having to keep a fixed amount of food on you just feels more annoying than actually fun when you don't have a mount you can store stupid things like that on to remove the need to pay as much attention to it impacting your carrying capacity.

Now you kill a wave of goblins spend an hour going back and forth to the druid grove selling items before picking up all the food again to move on and if you need a long rest now you get to pick pocket for an extra hour as well if you need food so yeah. Not really excited at all about that feature its just annoying.

Using companions to cast spells in conversation which could be a good thing also means that your going to need more rests to fill your spell slots back up as well which will exastravate that even more. Personally I feel most of the changes in the patch are just going to lead to a lot of time wasted doing tasks you really don't want to do repeatedly. While the hope was for something to be hyped about during the panel honestly I do not think this patch really addressed any major concerns at least for most people. When I am asked by friends about if its worth coming back to stream it my answer is going to be exactly check back in 6 months. Maybe then there will be something worth spending your time on it.