If it wasn't called BG3 and set in a familiar area of the map, I wouldn't know it had anything to do with Baldur's Gate. The game feels nothing whatsoever like its predecessors. Different style, tone, theme and feel. It is the next Divinity game dressed up in a thin veneer of Baldur's Gate. I particularly dislike the way everything has to be so comedic and camp and weirdly anthromorphized. Why are the goblins likeable scamps who speak with a Cockney accent? Why are the ogres pure meme comic relief? Why is everything either adorable or funny? BG2 had isolated pockets of comic relief placed strategically throughout a mature, gritty setting. BG3 is just pure memes and campiness, everything is so low-brow. That worked fine in Divinity which was a game designed wholly around that style. It doesn't work here. The cartoonishness of everything makes me retch. Spam-eating food for healing? Shoving people thirty feet away? Throwing your boots at an enemy to deal damage? shoving your weapon into fire to deal fire damage? Walking on a puddle of poison deals damage? Ugh. It's a cartoon RPG and I'm so disappointed that they couldn't divest themselves of the unrealistic, cartoonish memefest that was Divinity.

Last edited by Clawfoot; 09/07/21 06:16 PM.