Originally Posted by alice_ashpool
My opinion is that Baldur's Gate 3, at least the EA, is not as broken as Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 and has far fewer exploits.
BG3 is broken in some things... was at least you could animate corpses of slain enemies Beholder, Minotaurs have them follow you as an army that helps unless the bug is fixed.

Now that they have also said that multiclassing will be included before full release I am pretty sure this game can become more broken.
I find it odd to compare BG2 to BG3. BG2 was epic levels even beyond level 20. BG3 is like BG1 starting from level 1.

Well Goblins in BG games does not super much hitpoints and talk a lot like in BG3... Well so far In BG I find more Goblin talk then most other races of none party companions lol.

The food does not heal in BG 1 and BG2. There is no advantage of higher ground in BG1 and BG2. Less environmental usage in old BG games.
Brutes like Ogres most of them should be idiots and not talk a lot like in BG3. I have a feeling many Goblins and Ogres are way smart in BG3 for their race what they should be.

There are really good characters in BG1 and BG2. I have yet to find a really good alignment companion in BG3. Will? He is more like suicidal and a bit to hardcore on risking the party lifes.. not either what I would say a good character and he has his Succubine that makes him hard to place as a good character.

Companions is though a bit hard to compare but in old BG games they are less problematic to deal with mostly but very alingment focused. If you have Evil and Good characters in same group in old BG games there can be major problems even violence and party group disbanding.

I know that in Patch 5 companion behaviour in BG3 might change a bit to say more friendly and Shadowhearth has a secret.

What parts do I like more in BG3?
The graphics and music. Cinematic story telling. Romance and hopefully nudity.

That being said Elves look more like Elves in old BG games.
Now I am not a hater of BG3 and want to play BG3. However BG1 and BG2 are excellent classics.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 10/07/21 01:57 PM.