Originally Posted by Sestuna
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I dont like this idea ...
I mean have some "button" in create character to actualy TRY your character could be interesting ... as long as it is keeped out of character honestly.

But everything after that seemed like bad idea. :-/

OR maybe have it after you pick your patron for warlocks, or pick your god etc. So after level 2/3?
This for example ...
Warlocks are choosing their patron when character is created ...
Sorcerers are choosing their origin when character is created ...
Clerics are choosing their deity, and ... domain i gues(?), when character is created ...

You cant simply push it futher into story, since some classes are allready specialized. :-/

>A rogue in a training dojo with other rogues and maybe you get to control the master who has all the high level skills unlocked and maybe an assassination attempt it made so you fight back.

>For warlock Great old one you are teleported to this nether realm where you see the eldlich being in front of you. It begins to promise you great power and you can test out your high level skills there. If you refuse it begins torturing you until you submit to its will and then it lets you test your high level skills.

>Maybe for bards you are in a concert but you wake up and it was a dream and you want to become that good in the future.

>for demon paatron warlocks youre in a unique castle in the hells getting a tour by a high level demon etc
This is exactly what hope i will never see in this game ...
It could work better in some other game, where you have to pick pre-fabricated character ... but right here, its about YOU (or your character if you wish to be detailist) ... therefore anything set by Larian can potentialy ruin thousands of stories, people like about their characters. :-/

Therefore i believe that whole story BEFORE Mind Flayer abduction should remain as blank as possible.

i agree there should be a blank slate for each character. since youre right it could ruin peoples backstories etc. But BG3 already breaks the pre-story blank slate by having background stories like "Noble" etc.

There should be a fine balance between this. I dont think any warlock would have an issue with actually having an interaction with a great old one at some point in the game.

Maybe have a "catalog" mode to test out your class at max level to see if you like playing it

I would have an issue with interacting with the GOO patron. As long as it isn't Cthulhu, I really don't want that, because I want to be able to decide, who my patron is and not get shoved something in my face.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who