Originally Posted by Try2Handing
Originally Posted by kanisatha
Understandable. Just like turn-based combat kills a lot of my enjoyment of this game.
That's too bad. Just think of it as another Larian game. I've been playing P:K and I tried playing it in TB once (I accidentally hit the "switch to TB" button and thought I might as well try it). And I must say, combat actually felt really smooth and a bunch of things made a bit more sense in TB (like the timing of various actions), and I actually enjoyed that encounter more than I thought I would. Granted, it was a simple encounter and there wasn't much going on (against a bunch of centipedes each having 6 hp). So.... yeah, if I get to choose I'd still choose RTWP but TB is not that bad. I'm still secretly hoping that at some point down the line Larian will implement an option to switch between RTWP and TB like P:K did.
Yeah I agree. Unlike some rabid TB fans who will actively boycott games that are RTwP, I don't do that with TB games. I am open to still playing a TB game even though I know I will not enjoy the combat, because everything outside of combat in a cRPG is what I am ultimately a fan of.

There are actually four core attributes of video games that make or break my enjoyment of them, and the combat system is the lowest in rank order among them. smile