Originally Posted by 1varangian
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
Originally Posted by 1varangian
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
Except the plot is already "Epic" touching on enemies you would be fighting at 15-20.

Illithids, Githyanki, Dragons, Devils, and the like are not low level enemies, and in fact are an indication that we have practically started at the epic level in enemies and stakes, to where Goblins almost feel like whiplash.
Larian does like to frontload all that or show off, which I'm not a fan of, but fighting them can easily come later at 9+.

We are still actually fighting goblins and lower level enemies and none of that stuff. Except the Githyanki patrol where the dragon conveniently flies off when combat starts.

I am more saying the teased opponents are things you would fight around 14 or so. Heck, some possible "opponents" are the type of thing a level 20 part y would face, for example if we ever had to fight Vlaketh who has some role to play in this plot. And if the Absolute is a god or a proper demigod of some kind (seeing as being worshiped makes you one), I wouldn't want to face them before level 20 thats for sure.
The pieces currently in play really feel like high level pieces, not the kind of level 1-10 pieces your dm would put on the board, even for teasing and front loading.
Well yeah they do and I kind of wish Larian would have started small like BG1 did, and let the mystery unravel piece by piece. It gives more room for growth.

I guess BG3 could still be structured like BG1 & 2 and the more epic part of the story could happen in a sequel, once the more level appropriate mind flayers, and
chosen ones
, have been dealt with and we truly learn what we are dealing with.
I hear you. However I know from lore Githyanki made a pact with Dragon Goddess... Dragon Goddess sent some of the red Dragons to aid Githyanki in their war against Mindflayers. The rest of Red Dragons keep kind of neutral approach to Githyanki and a minor part from Red Dragons choose to even serve Githyanki that will ride some of the Dragons in a war against Mindflayers.
Source to lore? Here is one source:

That means from story perspective we do not need to figth some EPIC super RED Dragon.
Well and I doubt you need to near level 20 to kill some Mindflayers. Of course there could be still a Dragon fight in this game but it does not need to be so super Epic Dragon and will not require near level 20. There are also other dangers. Perhaps we will meet a powerful Demon.

There could be more to the story, but from I can gather from DnD Forgotten Realms lore and Act 1.
Max level 11-13 is my best estimate at full release.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 22/07/21 10:08 PM.