Originally Posted by Tuco
On a side note, I tried to start a similar topic on the "Suggestions and feedback" board on Steam and so far most of the reactions seem to default to "FOOL, THE DM MANUAL SAYS THE DUNGEON MASTER CAN HOMEBREW THINGS HOWEVER THE HELL HE WANTS" which if I have to be perfectly honest sounds like a fucking stupid cop-out of an excuse to me, not to mention fundamental misunderstanding of why that note is even there and how your personal session with friends at the library or pub is not the same as having a triple A game specifically tailored around an official license, but to each one its own.
Still, the gist of it is that bar a couple of replies it doesn't look like people are feeling the issue very much.

The funny thing is, if the game would have been as close to 5e as possible from the beginning of the EA, these people most probably would like the game anyway.

I imagine there would be then the same arguments against changes aka homebrews with the words "it's in the PHB, stupid".

As long as the game has cinematics, dragons and the odd explosion, all is well for them.

Sorry, if that sounds depressing.

Last edited by daMichi; 29/07/21 06:08 PM.