I don't mind there being racist tropes present in the game; these things do indeed exist in the realms. Even if we set aside discussions of good and evil (which I'm not going to get into here or else I'll write an essay...), Racial stereotypes exist and permeate many spaces within the realms.

That said, many of these are based not off prejudice or a desire to put down someone else, but out of legitimate differences that genuinely exist between the races in the realms. People who turn those into racial derogatories aren't being very nice people when they do, but that's no reason, ever, to pretend that those differences don't exist or aren't legitimate and worth acknowledging in a more positive way.

The thing I take issue with in Larian's work so far, and the thing I'm concerned about seeing increasingly more of as the game moves forward, is the ingrained nature of racial negativity, in a way that causes everyone around it to act like it's normal and 'okay', and for our own character to be FORCED to go along with it as well. Sorry, but no: show it to us by all means, but don't cast it in a normalised and acceptable light, and don't force us to interact with it directly without giving us a chance to object. Right now in the game there are several places where we deal with racial slurs and discriminations being thrown about in a conversation that we're directly involved in - sometimes at us (depending on your race), but usually across us at others... however, our opportunity to call anyone out for it and tell them to mind their tongue or behave better, is precisely zero at any point (unless you're a drow, where you have the option of threatening people with violent and bloody death... which isn't really an improvement).